- TRAINING: May 3-4- Professional Training for Farm Succession Advisors, The Falls Center, Manchester, NH. 12.5 CLE credits approved in Vermont and Maine, self-certification available in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. Agenda is found here and registration is found here.
- WORKSHOP: June 22- Business Structures for Food Businesses, Salem Enterprise Center, Salem, MA
- TRAINING: May 5- CLE: Farm-to-Table & Food Safety, 2.5 CLE credits. Location: Preti Flaherty, One City Center, Portland, ME. Time: 1:00-3:30PM. Free for Legal Food Hub network attorneys, others $25. Please contact Phelps Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- WORKSHOP: May 6th- Business Bootcamp at Hope & Main
- WORKSHOP: May 30th- Trademarks Workshop at Hope & Main, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trademark-workshop-tickets-33436689037
- TRAINING: March 29- CLE on Labor and Employment Issues for Farm and Food Enterprises, Portland, ME. Space is limited- pre-register by March 27 by emailing email@example.com with “March 29 CLE” in subject line.
- WORKSHOP: March 22- Succession Planning, Sandywoods, Tiverton, RI
- WORKSHOP: March 11- Entrepreneur Bootcamp, Hope & Main, Warren, RI
- WORKSHOP: March 9- Business Structures for Farms and Farmers’ Markets, Northeast Harvest Agricultural Marketing Conference and Trades Show, Sturbridge, MA
- WORKSHOP: February 13, 6-8PM- Succession Workshop, hosted by Land For Good and American Farmland Trust, Kingston, RI
- WORKSHOP: February 6, 6-9PM- Business Structures for Urban Farmers, Carrot Project’s Urban Agriculture Training Program, Roxbury, MA
- WORKSHOP: February 8- Intellectual Property and Estate Planning for Farmers, Grafton, MA
- WORKSHOP: March 4- Intellectual Property for Urban Farmers and Food Entrepreneurs, Urban Farming Conference, Boston, MA
- WORKSHOP: January 4- Regulations Related to Your Farmer Operation, UMaine Regional Learning Center
- WORKSHOP: January 11-12- Two days of programming at the Maine Agricultural Trades Show, Augusta
- WORKSHOP: October 27, 8:30am-10:30am- Protecting Intellectual Property in the Food Business, Enterprise Center at Salem State, Salem, MA
- WORKSHOP: November 6 (afternoon)- Employment Law, MOFGA Farmer to Farmer Conference, Northport, ME
- TRAINING: May 6 – Luncheon at Bernstein, Shur, Sawyer & Nelson (invitation only).
- TRAINING: May 23 – Luncheon at Drummond, Woodsum (invitation only).
- WORKSHOP CLE: May 10 – Presentation at Gignoux Inn of Court (invitation only).
- TRAINING: May 12 – Perkins, Thompson (invitation only).
- TRAINING: March 21 – Luncheon at Pierce Atwood (invitation only).
- WORKSHOP: March 12 – One on one sessions with Legal Food Hub attorneys. Urban Farming Conference, Northeastern University, Boston, MA
- WORKSHOP: January 31 – Employment Law, Maine Federation of Farmers Markets, Maple Farm Inn, Hallowell, ME
- WORKSHOP: January 13-14 – Two-day legal workshop for farmers, Agricultural Trades Show, Augusta Civic Center, Augusta, ME
- Wednesday, January 13
- 10-10:55 a.m. – Legal Considerations Essential for Running a Successful Farm Business
- 11-11:55 a.m. – Food Safety
- 12-1 p.m. – One-on-one sessions
- 1-1:55 p.m. – Intellectual Property
- 2-2:55 p.m. – Legal Structure for Your Farm
- 3-3:55 p.m. – Land Leasing and Purchasing
- 4-4:55 p.m. – Employment Law
- Thursday, January 14
- 9-9:55 a.m. – Farm Protection and Transition
- 10-10:55 a.m. – Employment Law
- 11-11:55 a.m. – Legal Structure for Your Farm
- 12-1 p.m. – One-on-one sessions
- 1-1:55 p.m. – Legal Considerations Essential for Running a Successful Farm Business
- EVENT: December 10, 5:30-6:30 p.m. – Hub Attorney Appreciation and Networking, Maine Mead Works, Portland, ME
- EVENT: November 21-22 – Farm, Fish, and Food Innovation Challenge, Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME
- WORKSHOP: November 8 – Choosing the Right Business Entity for Your Farm, Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (MOFGA) Farmer to Farmer Conference, Point Lookout Resort, Northport, ME
- EVENT: October 22 – Pierce Atwood attorney networking, Portland, ME
- WORKSHOP: October 6 – How To Choose a Business Structure, Purdue Extension, Webinar
- WORKSHOP: September 26 – Farm Labor Law, Common Ground Country Fair, Unity, ME
- WORKSHOP: August 20 – Commercial Leases and Entity Formation, Commonwealth Kitchen, Boston, MA