CISA Winter Workshop, February 13 @ 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Holyoke Community College Kittredge Center, Room 303, 303 Homestead Ave., Holyoke
We will cover federal and state labor laws, including the Fair Labor Standards Act. CLF’s Legal Services Food Hub will present resources for understanding how to comply with regulations, as well as how laws protect both workers and farm owners. To register, visit https://www.buylocalfood.org/event/cisa-winter-workshop-agriculture-labor-laws/.
Presenter: Attorney John Gannon, Skoley Abbott
- WORKSHOP: Jan. 18 – Legal Essentials for New Farmers, Greenbelt Essex County, Topsfield, MA
- WORKSHOP: Jan. 13 – So You Think Your Apprenticeship is Legal?, NOFA/Mass Conference, Worcester, MA
- WORKSHOP: January 11 – Put Down Roots! Start to Plan and Write that Farm or Farmland Lease, Agricultural Trades Show, Augusta, ME
- WEBINAR: October 25 – Food Safety Modernization Act Produce Rule
- WEBINAR: October 18 – Food Safety Modernization Act Preventive Controls Rule
- WEBINAR: September 14 – Navigating the Legal Challenges Faced by Farmers
- WORKSHOP: June 22- Business Structures for Food Businesses, Salem Enterprise Center, Salem, MA
- WORKSHOP: May 30 – Trademarks Workshop at Hope & Main
- WORKSHOP: May 6 – Business Bootcamp at Hope & Main
- TRAINING: May 5- CLE: Farm-to-Table & Food Safety, 2.5 CLE credits. Location: Preti Flaherty, One City Center, Portland, ME. Time: 1:00-3:30PM. Free for Legal Food Hub network attorneys, others $25. Please contact Phelps Turner at email@example.com to register.
- TRAINING: May 3-4- Professional Training for Farm Succession Advisors, The Falls Center, Manchester, NH. 12.5 CLE credits approved in Vermont and Maine, self-certification available in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. Agenda is found here and registration is found here.
- TRAINING: March 29- CLE on Labor and Employment Issues for Farm and Food Enterprises, Portland, ME. Space is limited- pre-register by March 27 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “March 29 CLE” in subject line.
- WORKSHOP: March 22- Succession Planning, Sandywoods, Tiverton, RI
- WORKSHOP: March 11- Entrepreneur Bootcamp, Hope & Main, Warren, RI
- WORKSHOP: March 9- Business Structures for Farms and Farmers’ Markets, Northeast Harvest Agricultural Marketing Conference and Trades Show, Sturbridge, MA
- WORKSHOP: February 13, 6-8PM- Succession Workshop, hosted by Land For Good and American Farmland Trust, Kingston, RI
- WORKSHOP: February 6, 6-9PM- Business Structures for Urban Farmers, Carrot Project’s Urban Agriculture Training Program, Roxbury, MA
- WORKSHOP: February 8- Intellectual Property and Estate Planning for Farmers, Grafton, MA
- WORKSHOP: March 4- Intellectual Property for Urban Farmers and Food Entrepreneurs, Urban Farming Conference, Boston, MA
- WORKSHOP: January 4- Regulations Related to Your Farmer Operation, UMaine Regional Learning Center
- WORKSHOP: January 11-12- Two days of programming at the Maine Agricultural Trades Show, Augusta
- WORKSHOP: October 27, 8:30am-10:30am- Protecting Intellectual Property in the Food Business, Enterprise Center at Salem State, Salem, MA
- WORKSHOP: November 6 (afternoon)- Employment Law, MOFGA Farmer to Farmer Conference, Northport, ME
- TRAINING: May 6 – Luncheon at Bernstein, Shur, Sawyer & Nelson (invitation only).
- TRAINING: May 23 – Luncheon at Drummond, Woodsum (invitation only).
- WORKSHOP CLE: May 10 – Presentation at Gignoux Inn of Court (invitation only).
- TRAINING: May 12 – Perkins, Thompson (invitation only).
- TRAINING: March 21 – Luncheon at Pierce Atwood (invitation only).
- WORKSHOP: March 12 – One on one sessions with Legal Food Hub attorneys. Urban Farming Conference, Northeastern University, Boston, MA
- WORKSHOP: January 31 – Employment Law, Maine Federation of Farmers Markets, Maple Farm Inn, Hallowell, ME
- WORKSHOP: January 13-14 – Two-day legal workshop for farmers, Agricultural Trades Show, Augusta Civic Center, Augusta, ME
- Wednesday, January 13
- 10-10:55 a.m. – Legal Considerations Essential for Running a Successful Farm Business
- 11-11:55 a.m. – Food Safety
- 12-1 p.m. – One-on-one sessions
- 1-1:55 p.m. – Intellectual Property
- 2-2:55 p.m. – Legal Structure for Your Farm
- 3-3:55 p.m. – Land Leasing and Purchasing
- 4-4:55 p.m. – Employment Law
- Thursday, January 14
- 9-9:55 a.m. – Farm Protection and Transition
- 10-10:55 a.m. – Employment Law
- 11-11:55 a.m. – Legal Structure for Your Farm
- 12-1 p.m. – One-on-one sessions
- 1-1:55 p.m. – Legal Considerations Essential for Running a Successful Farm Business
- EVENT: December 10, 5:30-6:30 p.m. – Hub Attorney Appreciation and Networking, Maine Mead Works, Portland, ME
- EVENT: November 21-22 – Farm, Fish, and Food Innovation Challenge, Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME
- WORKSHOP: November 8 – Choosing the Right Business Entity for Your Farm, Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (MOFGA) Farmer to Farmer Conference, Point Lookout Resort, Northport, ME
- EVENT: October 22 – Pierce Atwood attorney networking, Portland, ME
- WORKSHOP: October 6 – How To Choose a Business Structure, Purdue Extension, Webinar
- WORKSHOP: September 26 – Farm Labor Law, Common Ground Country Fair, Unity, ME
- WORKSHOP: August 20 – Commercial Leases and Entity Formation, Commonwealth Kitchen, Boston, MA