PUBLISHED Nov 26, 2019 | UPDATED Sep 20, 2020
Chapter 61 programs offer a property tax break for landowners willing to keep their land undeveloped for a specified period of time. This guide provides all you need to know about the Massachusetts Chapter 61 Tax program. After reading this guide, you will know:
- description of Chapter 61 programs in forestry, agriculture and open space
- minimum acreage to qualify for the program
- types of land eligible for the Chapter 61 programs
- tax benefits of the Chapter 61 programs
- what happens if you withdraw from the program
This informative guide was prepared by University of Massachusetts Extension.